Saturday, October 10, 2009

show tell


Show and Tell club, the opening act. I don't remember for sure now but I think this is a painting of a cake or a pie or a pancake. To me, it says all of those things, and makes connections for me that I had never made before. Very cute. My kids brought (a) a paper basket and (b) rocks.

My best in show was probably these . . . neat things David and Marie made. "Diorama" doesn't do them justice.

We only saw two of the twelve or so they have in their collection, part of a "museum" they set up to amuse nieces and nephews recently. Photos don't do them justice. To see them is to have to want to make them, saving cardboard boxes and wondering how tiny objects in your house would look inside them, like what cool poems make you do with words.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

sarahjane said...

What a fun night! The kids were cracking me up.

Here's a link to the rest of the photos of The Museum of Imaginary Animals, as well as a video link.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theglittercup/sets/72157619794155227/