Saturday, April 22, 2006

Back

When you have spring break and then after that a week of only three days, that first five day week of school is tough. Somehow the gods noticed our pain and graced us with a two hour fog delay on Friday morning, though. That was pretty nice. One of my students suggested that it was leftover fog from 4/20 the day before, and I thought that was pretty funny.

I think it's okay for a teacher to laugh at jokes like that. There are probably parents and administrators out there who would rather me respond with a stern, knee jerk "don't do drugs" any time a reference to them is made in class--not that they come up that often--but I don't think that's necessary.

So for my two hour delay, I sat in the living room and read through this fabulous gardening photo book I got from the library the other day and that made me want to go walk outside in mine in the fog. I thought maybe I'd get a photo of the duck that has been sleeping on our lawn for a week now, but she wasn't there. Instead, I took this picture that catches some of our peach, viburnum, and azalea blossoms. It's looking pretty out there now.

1 comment:

Mr. Hill said...

Yeah, nothing wrong with a shout out to ol' Mother Nature.