Sunday, April 09, 2006

Let the spring sports begin

Basketball has been such a drag for IU fans the past few years-- thank goodness for spring sports. The sad news for today is that George Hincapie crashed out of Paris-Roubaix, the awesomest of the spring classics, but look at that! Phil has a shot on the field at the beginning of the 4th round down in Augusta! Hootie has been taking a lot of heat for how difficult the course is this year, but what an awesome Sunday this is going to be: Vijay, Tiger, Phil (and Couples!?) all within a couple of strokes to start the day. I wish it were raining so I wouldn't feel guilty about holing up in front of the teevee.

6 comments:

Random1001.5 said...

I never understood how NASCAR is a sport. I mean you just drive around in circles and go real fast. Yet still it is the 2nd most popular "sport" in the USA.

Mr. Hill said...

I don't get that either, but I will say that the one time I went to the Indy 500, it was a pretty indescribable experience. Something about the speed and the noise, like car racing is closer to a rock concert than it is a sporting event.

Almighty Ryan said...

I suppose Nascar can be compared to baseball. It's extremely boring to watch on television, but when you're actually there in person it becomes an entirely different experience.

Random1001.5 said...

Then again, NASCAR seem more "sportish" then the South Korean Sport of playing video games, mainly a game called Starcraft.

Almighty Ryan said...

And Counter-Strike.

Mr. Hill said...

Defender!

Oops, I'm showing my age.