Thursday, May 03, 2007

The numbers are in.

Four trips from Mike Lough's house with sand. 22 wheelbarrow-loads. One shovel. All told, it adds up to 22". I might just keep saying it's "two feet deep" anyway. I had to measure it even though I knew that, in digging to the bottom of my sandbox, I would get a little sad.

I like how in this picture the bottom is shrouded in darkness. Yes, it is only 22", you say, but in truth it is much deeper than that in the ways that truly matter.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kristina said...

MR. LOUGH!!! YAY he's awesome. He actually told us today that he helped you with your sandbox. Quite surreal.

Mindstroller said...

22 inches is close enough to round up to two feet. After all, thats approximately... *calculates!* 1.833333333333333333333333333 feet!

right...

Patrick Murphy said...

We let our son and his friends dig a hole in the backyard. After many sessions, it ended up about 3 feet deep and 5 feet across. I think our friends think we are nuts to have a big hole "for no reason". But what could be a better reason than to let the kids dig as far as they want just for fun?

Mr. Hill said...

That's really funny, Patrick. Maybe hole-digging could be a new wave, a low-tech backlash to the era of online video gaming.

Kristina said...

That reminds me of the book, Holes. Where they would just have kids dig these huge holes for no reason. Weird book, and it was made into a pretty awful movie.