Monday, December 12, 2005

Albums of the Year

The year's not over, but I still feel like it's time for my annual wrap up of my favorite new records. They aren't all new for 2005, but they are all new to me, at least. Here is my top 10, from least to most favorite:

11. Ratatat
10. Royksopp: Melody AM
9. LCD Soundsystem
8. Sufjan Stevens: Illinoise!
7. Stephen Malkmus: Face the Truth
6. Silver Jews: Tanglewood Numbers
5. Ryan Adams: Jacksonville City Nights
4. Animal Collective: Here Comes the Indian
3. Ryan Adams: Cold Roses
2. Will Oldham and Matt Sweeney: Superwolf
1. Animal Collective: Feels

In the long run, Superwolf might outpace Feels for me, but I can only go by what I like the most at this time, and that's my list.

1 comment:

Mike Johnston said...

Thanks Mr. Hill! You turned me on to some good new stuff. Maybe I will mail you a CD if I can ever get my act together....